Total Pageviews

Monday, March 15, 2010

women and money


It's kind of a cliche' now to talk about how women spend money so crazily, but let's think about what it means when a woman is not a spendthrift, when she is impulsive, prone to shop for certain patterns, etc. A friend of mine told me he thinks i just like to spend money. I said that wasn't the problem; the problem is that there are things I see that I want and to get them, they cost money. Like today, for example. I was browsing and unexpectedly came across a piece of owl artwork. I loved it! I wanted it! I wasn't going to spend twenty-five dollars to get it though, so I took a photo instead. I plan to try to copy the owls with my own paints so I can have a painting like that hanging on my wall. That's one way I have managed to curb my spending. But it doesn't always work because there are some clothes I see that I feel I can't live without. It's a problem, though. I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone but so many men are scared of women who like to spend money. They think that if a woman spends money they won't be able to support her habits and they cross her off their potential wife list. I know this is true because Dean Moore once said so. He said that if I were his wife, I would have him filing bankruptcy in no time. Of course since hearing that and countless other lectures from men about how I spend money, I had to take that announcement to heart and try to make some changes. Why, though, if I have my own source of money do I still worry about what a man will think of how I do spend money? It's definitely a controversial topic. For now, let me get the paints out and try crafting a funky owl for my wall. I already own the paints so I won't have to spend a dime!

No comments:

Post a Comment