Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 14, 2010

orange boat to the sea


Walking on the beach in the morning brings the imagination to Life. I dreamt of driving an orange boat--even pretended to drive one parked at a tourist trap. I wrote my friends' names in the sand and took pictures for their souvenirs. I looked for cute souvenirs at the shops but the sand seemed so much better!
I drove that orange boat out to sea with a picnic basket intact. Full of coffee and cream, the thermos rode next to me as I navigated through the buoys and out into the wide open sea. I saw dolphins, sharks, a killer whale, and a whole school of Japanese Goldfish. The engine got quiet when I turned it off to listen to nothing but the sky and the waves. When I got back to shore, a throng of people were there to meet me with necklaces of shark's teeth and bunches of flowers. I love how the imagination works. How often do you let yours just open up and go wild?

No comments:

Post a Comment