Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 27, 2010

the creek

Moving water can move you. Yesterday I was at the creek thinking about the beauty of what's outside and I wanted to float away on the surface of that cold creek. I ask my friends would they rather live by a river, the ocean, or a creek and a lot of them have said "creek." I wonder what it is about creeks that so get our attention. Maybe it has something to do with their usual clarity and the way you can usually see the rocks beneath the surface. If only people were more like creeks so you could see beneath their surface into their beautiful brains and thus understand better and more fully.

Today the sun rose up pink over the creek; I couldn't even try to capture that on video, or a still shot, but the little video I did capture is just a reminder to let creeks move you, let water take you places, let your own wildness go free.

No comments:

Post a Comment