Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Relief of a Weight Lifted

I used to keep a cluttered home. Not because i wanted to, just that i had moved so much that I had all sorts of things and collectibles and photos and important papers stuffed into suitcases and footlockers that i intended to go through but just never did. Well, the day came when I had the inspiration and moral support to go through all this junk so I did. It wasn't easy; it wore me out emotionally.Yesterday I slept all day and night I was so tired from the day before. But now I can sit in a whole new living room. I marvel at a room where when I look at it I don't see a single thing that needs to be moved or gone through. No stacks of old suitcases that supposedly looked "shabby chic." No old sentimental footlockers gracing the floors. No more miscellaneous bags or boxes of my old writings. Everything is in its place and it looks fantastic. I almost don't know what to do with myself sitting in a room like that knowing it's clean and uncluttered and settled. That's why I'm back in my cluttered writing area. Sometimes the relief of a weight lifted is just to heavy to bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment