Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

the old suitcases

i recently threw away some old vintage suitcases i had been using for storage and decoration. i had to look through each and every one, touching old writing, old bills, photographs, drawings, junk like old buttons and some dirty pennies. I got through the mess though, caused by years of packing and moving, packing and moving, and decided to throw out the suitcases all together. Well, my seventeen year old daughter had a fit. which is terribly ironic since she hasn't liked the "martha stewart vintage suitcase" look ever. But she thought someone influenced me to throw them away. i had to set her straight--that wasn't the case! I finally had the moral support, reason, inspiration and physical energy to go through everything and consolidate a bunch of stuff into two Rubbermaid plastic tubs that now hold my life souveniers safely and dry under the house. My daughter's dream is coming true--we're going to have a "real" living room. she just doesn't know much of what it's like to have a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment