Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Riversongs

One
You rose from a river to find me in the confusion of woods
I took to you quickly like the way a summer thunderstorm
Just sweeps in and before you know it you're caught in an unexpected
Downpour that you don't mind getting soaked by.
Glue my feet to the earth
For a while so I have a chance to see if I can stand.

Two
I see you by the campfire in your plaid shirt
Your hair glows with the warmth of open flame
Your eyes are like a river to me.

Three
I see the full moon bright through the river trees
High up as we wait for the 6:30 whistle
Our waders baptized
By the small wave of trout fin
Oh so lovely to be in
that depth with you.

Four
You always were a wild boy in your Heart.
When I see that in you I begin to wonder can I
Start becoming a wild girl, wearing my waders
With sparkly earrings and pink lipstick in my pocket
But still putting the bait on my own hook,
Still slitting my own fishes throat.

Five
Let's cash in all our fool's gold and tell each other the stories
We both know so well about the times we lost our way
In the river but rose again from foam and current to piece together a survival.
We can thrive in the thrill of just living, breathing being
A grace we always before took for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment