Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Emotional Disasters of Friendship

When a natural disaster strikes, people are often caught without warning; and so it is with emotional disasters of friendship. I've lived through one recently with two of my best friends and the recovery process is proving difficult yet interesting. Even though I am almost 48 years old, I still have a lot to learn about friendship, loyalty, healing, grief and love.

When does a person decide that enough is enough? How many times does a person feel they have to be loyal to a friend but their heart tells them differently? And aren't friendships breaking up just as hard as any other relationship?

How does a person know when their "I'm really sorry" is genuine or just meant to make the other person feel good?

These are some of the issues I struggle with on a daily basis and soon want them to come to an end, a resolution. I have decided that some things aren't worth reconstructing after a disaster, as hard as it is to let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment