Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Uh-Oh and social relevance of new novel

Uh Oh. I wanted to title the novel The Riverking but after I had my heart set on that I researched the title on Google and found out that alice hoffman already wrote a mystery murder novel of that title which has already been made into a movie. So I need to talk to some knowledgeable people about whether I can use the same title. I have heard that titles themselves cannot be copyrighted. this is a bummer because my play called Fool's Gold can't be called that anymore either since there was a major movie out a couple years ago by that title....well more research is needed plus I have to come up with back up titles. As for the social relevance of the novel, some of the themes are going to deal with Americans with disabilities, the stereotypes and stigmas, the politics of disability, the disappearance of spirituality and religion from many contemporary American's lives, the legalization of marijuana, drug use and abuse, alcoholism, interpersonal relationship success and self-help, and the struggle within many people, especially men, about being part of larger society and keeping a regular haircut and job versus going back to nature and living in the wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment