Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 3, 2010

slippers in sunlight


A pair of old slippers in a square of sunlight brought such joy to my yesterday but I forgot to write my blog so I'm writing it today instead. I know I am behind; I have set some goals that I do not seem capable of reaching. I can't understand why I am so unable to focus on my writing. It confuses me. I am a good writer and i like to write so why am I avoiding it or failing to do it everyday? I can't really call myself a writer, can I? My friends say I am a writer anyway, but there are a couple of friends I know of like Joe Benevento who would say that if I wanted to write i would just write and not write about not writing!!!

Slippers in a square of sunlight, oh you have walked on many floors, carpets, dirt, tents...you have been part of my life for more than twenty years. I have taken you to all the places in this world I have traveled to. I have worn you with boots to hide you but still felt comfort from you deep inside the boot!

MY daughter is coming home in a week; she has been with her Grandma visiting. I bought us a tent and am equipping us for camping and fishing this summer. It's her last summer before turning 18 next year. This year will be her seventeenth birthday which just blows my mind, actually, since I still see her and hear her at every young little age she used to be....I have loved her all along and am really looking forward to the summer. And to writing every day I can. Which should be EVERY DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment