Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 13, 2010

the issue of names

i've been thinking all day about names to call the characters and so far I have come up with for the guy Crane, Hunter, Aaron, Bill, and for the woman, Lily or Emily. I think I like Lily and Hunter. When he was ten, they called him Hunter. When he was twenty, he was living as a hunter. to be continued.....stay tuned Okay I'm back. Now, today I thought of using the name Stone. ALso, title of the novel could be The River Junkie. It would have a double meaning cause the characters have drugs in their lives--prescription medication for chronic pain. that would be another theme in the novel--the issue of chronic pain and all its ways of impacting a person's life as well as all the people in that person's life. I think I will use the name Lily for the woman. And she was so much like a flower, like a strand of sunlight beaming onto a blossom. she was beautiful like no one else. Inside and out. Dialogue. Background info. I feel overwhelmed again, as if i am good about coming up with ideas but just cannot follow through. why not, anne? Because you are lazy? Troubled? conflicted? Unmotivated? I see the way I want to live and I write about it but in reality I don't even cook dinner every night! I live in a fantasy world, that much is true. That's what I am trying to organize onto paper, into words. There is so much advice I need and want. I am going to call Joe Benevento or write to him. I am sure he will have some things to say. Need a mentor right now, and lots of moral support and a clear direction. Let the housework go in the name of writing. Let the dishes gather crust; let the vegetables in the fridge go rotten. All in the name of trying to write. All without any clearcut knowledge of what the outcome and possible profit to me would be. I need to consult the writer's marker, so that's what I will do next. to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment