Total Pageviews

Monday, April 5, 2010

Sweet Dream Poem



is this a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare? song lyric by Beyonce'

Pinch me cause I don't feel like what I feel is real
My heart is like a rock all heavy and full of crevices
where things hide and aren't visible to the human eye

Won't you take a sledgehammer and break me apart?
You can do this; I trust you.
You have navigated and hiked and traversed through worse
It won't be that bad! We might even find my heart
is made of cotton candy and things can be real real sweet.

Not full of the old hurt, the suitcases stacked high
to the ceiling busting through and going halfway to the moon.
I thought I dropped those hurts long ago
But when I think of you and how my heart is like a rock

I have to wonder if this is a sweet dream
or a beautiful nightmare. Glue my feet to the Earth
for a while so I have a chance to see if I can stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment