Total Pageviews

Monday, February 22, 2010

introduction to blog

Let me explain the title of my blog--"An Artist Among Thieves." Also, i will outline my goals and plans for the blog. First, i am a poet. i am a writer, teacher, lover, mother, poet. I am an artist. But I have lived amongst thieves. People who have stolen from me both literally and figuratively litter my past and that is why I have titled my autobiographical memoirs "An Artist Among Thieves." What I want to accomplish in the blog is simple: I want to find out who I really am. I must write to discover whether i really am a writer. I must ponder my life and my experiences with my daughter to see if i really am a mother. I must look at my relationships and ask, as a lover, am i being degraded as a woman because I don't stand up for myself? And what can I do in my life as a teacher to become more challenging and fresh? So everyday I will write to discover. I will write to live. And maybe by the time i finish in a year i will know something more than i know now. or will i know less?

No comments:

Post a Comment