Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 28, 2010

expectations and disappointment

everyone struggles with this, I think--the feeling of disappointment when expectations aren't met. so why do we even bother having expectations? I expected a lot from being a mother and I didn't get what I wanted; I expected a lot out of a new relationship I'm in and I haven't really been happy. I am one of those kinds of women who will live on and on with disappointment; it colors my every action. my every thought. Because i have been disappointed a lot. some would say my expectations have always been too high. i beg to disagree. I just think that everyone should do what I want them to do and things would be great. My daughter would be an award winning cross country runner about to get a full ride scholarship to college; she would do the dishes without ever being asked; she wouldn't defy her curfews and every other rule or boundary I set up for her. she would ask me how my day was instead of hibernating in her room. But disappoinment is really a waste of time. So I guess I'll just shut up and live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment